California School for the Blind Website
- Day of Code
Tuesday, May 9th from 9:00AM-3:00PM
- Spring Concert
Wednesday, May 17th at 1:30PM
Thursday, May 18th at 7:00PM
*both concerts take place in the CSB theater and will be streamed live on our YouTube channel
- Art Show (in the CSB gym)
Wednesday, May 17th from 10:00AM-4:00PM
Thursday, May 18th from 9:00AM-9:00PM
- Soccer Clinic
Thursday, May 18th from 12:00-3:00PM
CSB will be collaborating with BORP (Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program) and EBUSC (East Bay United Soccer Club) to host a blind soccer clinic on our campus for high school aged students.
- CSB Carnival (on CSB campus)
Tuesday, May 23rd from 12:30-3:30PM
- Summer Academies
Starting June 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2023
- Fall Registration Forms 2022-23
- Parent and Student Workshop, "Anything is PAWsible"
- Parent Workshop on Technology
This workshop will take place at the Teacher Resource Center in Long Beach on May 15th.
- Tuesday Tea Hosted by CSB
- CVI Course
Paths to Literacy featured an article talking about CSB's free self-paced CVI Course.
- Braille Basics Webinar - Beginning Braille
- Comprehensive Vision Evaluation, Psychoeducational & SLP Testing for Students w/ Visual Impairment: 4/20/2023
- Essay Contest Winners
Our Middle School students participated in the Benefits of Audio Description in Education Essay Contest and took home two awards!
- CSB packs 5,000 meals to help feed the hungry
CSB students and staff partnered with Kids Against Hunger to pack 5,000 meals on May 10th, 2023
- Screen Reader Training Website
The CSB Assistive Technology team is proud to announce the launch of CSB's ScreenReader Training (SRT) website! A great space to practice Screen Reading skills. This website is intentionally inaccessible, so students can learn to navigate the inaccessible content they often encounter on websites not designed with web accessibility in mind.
- How to Prepare for an Evaluation for a Student With Visual Impairments
The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) posted a blog written by our Assessment Center team members on how to prepare for an evaluation for a student with visual impairments.
- CSB Competes in the Ryukyuken International Karate Tournament
We are so proud of our students and staff for making this happen. Check out the awards our students came back with!
- Addressing the Expanded Core Curriculum
Check out the presentation provided by the CSB Education Resource Center for the Santa Clara County vision team!
- FS Cast Blog discussing the National Coding Symposium
Adrian Amandi is featured on Freedom Scientific’s blog, FSCast, discussing the National Coding Symposium.
- The Testing Psychologist Podcast
Check out episodes 258 and 260 on an Assessment with Visually Impaired Kids, parts 1 and 2, with Dr. Carol Evans, Marnee Loftin, Dr. Terese Pawletko, May Nguyen, and Stephanie Herlich.
- APH InSights Art Contest
Our CSB students participated in an art context hosted by the American Printing House for the Blind (APH). Check out the winning art pieces as well as our very own students' artwork.
- CTEBVI Journal - Featured Article
CSB's school psychologist, May Nguyen, has a featured article in the Fall 2020 publication with resources for families and students.